Thursday, May 6, 2010

Instant Gulaman


How to make instant Gulaman (Jelly)

Just follow the instruction in the packet of the Instant Gulaman you are using. ;P

I make this in 3 liters and store it in the fridge so I can have gulaman anytime I want. It is great for samalamig, halo halo, and buko pandan especially this hot summer days.

When I eat this it takes me back to my high school days when I eat a block of gulaman drizzled with condense milk served at the school canteen. I just can't remember if it is in Sacre or Chevalier. I guess both served this dessert.

In this batch I added green tea for added benefits (detoxifying). I usually eat this when I'm on a diet (It is 100% seaweeds called agar agar). I don't put sugar in it so there is no added calories. Every liter is only 73 calories that. I prefer this recipe as plain (no sugar) so that I can control the taste of the recipes that I will be using the gulaman. It has no calories, no carbohydrates, no sugar and no fat, and is 80-percent fiber. It absorbs glucose in the stomach, passes through the digestive system quickly and inhibits the body from retaining and storing excess fat. Its water absorbing properties also aids in waste elimination.
  1. Agar agar absorbs bile, and by doing so, causes the body to dissolve more cholesterol.
  2. Improves digestion and waste elimination.
  3. Reduce cholesterol and help you feel full, which will help you lose unwanted weight.
  4. Helps in controlling arthritis.
Sources:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5655544_agar-agar-diet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment